swimming pool fencing safety
Australia is very strict with pool fencing regulations .
The main purpose to have a pool fencing to guarantee that pools are safe for young children especially under 5 years old .
Please make sure of below points for your swimming pool :
- No easy access from the house or from the backyard gate(s)
- the fences are checked regularly to make sure it is in working condition
- fence gates are regularly checked and serviced (if needed) so they function properly
- yearly council inspection is done. In some councils it mandatory to check with your local council
The pool fencing/walls should be:
- minimum 1.2m high.
- no gaps in the fence or below the fence wider than 100mm.
- no items such as outdoor furniture, BBQ’s, bikes, pot plants, gym
equipment, ladders, trees and shrubs with low branches, garden trellis or other items located within 1.2m of the pool gates.